Wednesday May 16, 2018
This salad recipe is soooo tasty! You'll never want to eat out ever again!
There is no splurge ingredient since this salad has so many steps. But once you make this salad a few times it'll be easy for you. Promise!!!
- 1 head of romaine (washed, chifonide, salt and peppered)
- 1 heirloom carrot shredded
- 2 pink lady apples diced
- 1/4 cup summer berries
- 2 TBS goat cheese
- 1 cup of candies walnuts
- 2 oz of quality goat cheese
- maple dijon dressing
- To properly dress a salad with this type of dressing put a little of the dressing in the bottom of the bowl.
- Then add the goods and gently toss.
- Finish off with the toppings
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2-3 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/2 tps cinnamon
- In a heated pan, toast the walnuts. Once the walnuts become fragrant add the sugar and cinnamon
- Allow to cool on a silicon mat (the mat will save your life!)
- 1-2 tps quality dijon mustard (don't skimp on this)
- 1 tbs grades b maple syrup
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemerry
- 1 cup avocado oil (olive oil is fine too but will have a stronger flavor)
- Juice of half a lemon or 1-2 tps apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a bottle and taste for any season correction.
- Let sit for at least one hour, preferably over night.
- Don't forget to shake before serving.
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO
PS Feel free to comment with any Jazzy additions to this recipe. You never know, I may feature your ideas in an upcoming video.