Wednesday June 27, 2018
Jazzy here! Who like a chicken soup! That lovely meaty concoction that leaves you full and happy. You're gonna love this recipe!
The splurge ingredient is the quinoia. Try going for an ancient grain mix. Quinioa is a complete protein much needed switch if trying to go low carb.
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breast about one breast diced
- 1 cup baby Bella mushrooms diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tps salt
- 1 tps white pepper
- 2 tps turmeric (the secret ingredient no one tells you about)
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- Wash and prep ingredients
- In a heated pan, add oil onion, jalapeno, celery, carrots, garlic, salt and rosemary. Cook for 7-10 min
- Add garbanzo bean flour and cook for 5 min stirring constantly
- Pour in chicken stock, chicken and remaining spices. Bring to a boil for 15 min
- Add mushrooms and quinoa. Turn on low sand put a lid on it for 20min.