Wednesday September 7, 2016
Who wants breakfast?! Personally, I'm not a big breakfast fan. Especially if it doesn't include some sort of salted meat or sugary cereal. Not to fear! You will fall in love with this chocolate protein smoothie bowl!
This baby has over 30 grams of protein which is more than half of what most people need for the day. Not a bad way to start the morning :-)
The splurge ingredient is the flax milk. One cup has 1200mg of omega 3 and 30% of your daily intake of calcium. Talk about a healthy breakfast!
- 12oz flax milk (the unsweetened 25 calorie per serving kind)
- 1 frozen banana
- 5 frozen strawberries about 2/3 cup (can also use frozen dark cherries (raspberries and blackberries are too seedy for this recipe)
- 1 scoop Garden of Life raw chocolate protein meal about 4 tbs
- 2tbs pb powder
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach (optional)
- Put the flax milk and frozen banana in a blender (blend these first)
- Add strawberries, protein powder and pb powder (blend these next)
- Blend optional spinach
- Top with coconut threads, chia seeds or granola (let your imagination go wild)
***This is a Chubby Hubby Favorite!***
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO