Wednesday July 11, 2018
Oh this is another cheat treat that saves me from the mayhem of PMS. Fried Chicken! Full of flavor and good fats, this makes my body and brain very happy during my unhappy time of the month.
The splurge ingredient is the avocado oil. Avocado oil has a smoke point of 500 degrees and contains omega 9 fatty acids.
- 1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 cups panko (you can use almond flour)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tps smoked paprika
- 2 tps chili powder
- 2 tps salt
- 1 tps pepper
- 3 cups avocado oil
- Pay dry chicken and cut into strips
- Add seasonings to flour and panko
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl
- Dip chicken into flour then egg then panko
- Fry in 350 degree oil turning once cooking each side for 2-3 min
- Put on a cooling rack with paper towels under the rack do not put the chicken on a plate of paper towels. That would cause the chicken to get soggy and re absorb the extra grease.
Chef corner: Frying at the optimal temperature will cause the food to only add 10% more calories. So make sure the oil is hot!
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO
PS Feel free to comment with any Jazzy additions to this recipe. You never know, I may feature your ideas in an upcoming video.