Wednesday April 11, 2018
I wanted to take the time today and talk about 2 important things for all vegan-ites: Amino Acids add Protein.
Amino acids!!!! Everyone talks about proper protein and iron. Amino acids are all alone in the corner forgotten. Amino acids are essential to your body. Protein and iron are everywhere in food, but amino acids are the building blocks of muscle.
I've tried going vegan several times and when I took amino acid supplements I craved meat MUCH LESS. I also felt less tired. However do not dispair, below are a list of vegan protein sources to get the creative juices flowing.
- Sprouted bread has a whopping 6-7 grams of protein per slice.
- Kale contains 5 grams of protein for 2 cups cooked while
- Spinach contains 7 grams per 1 cup cooked.
- Almond or peanut butter contains 8 grams of protein per 2 tablespoons.
- Tofu contains 9 grams of protein for 4 ounces.
- Quinioa is my personal favorite! One cup cooked contains about 9 grams of protein. Use it for anything from soup to sloppy joes!
- Beans are magical! One cup of cooked pinto, kidney or black beans, you’ll get about 13-15 grams of protein, almost 30% off your daily protein right there.