Wednesday November 16, 2016
This is my go-to get together fav! Packed with protein and flavor you won't miss the fat laden potato salad that's in the deli section at the store. Well... maybe not miss it quite so much.
The splurge ingredient for today is artichoke hearts. I've tried this salad without it and my palette feels naked without these little guys. They give this dish some oomph!
- 2 cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans of garbanzo (chick pea) beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of olives halved
- 1 can of artichoke hearts plain in water (not marinated or in oil please) halved
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes concasse (try and drain some of the oil we are gonna use better stuff)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pivot chop (yes fresh makes a difference)
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of quality olive oil (don't go more than 1/3 cup)
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley pivot chop (same rule as the basil don't skimp it's worth it)
- 1 cup of feta cheese (go no more than 2 cups depending on the size of the salad. feta is high in sodium)
- Cracked black pepper
- Wash and prep ingredients
- Mix everything in a bowl and set in the fridge for an hour to allow flavors to meld. Easy huh?
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO