Wednesday November 22, 2017
Dessert doesn't have to be a thing of the past. Something you think back longingly like a distant memory. Not to fear! Check out some ideas below. You CAN have your dessert and eat it too!
- Nuts and dates make excellent pie crusts filled with protein and good fats.
- Coconut milk and chocolate protein powder blended can make a healthy frosting substitute.
- Coconut oil with cinnamon send a little powder sugar is a great icing substitute.
- Mug cakes are a great portion control option.
- Sorbet with just frozen fruit can curb sweet tooth and give you lots of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Oatmeal as strange as it sound has lots of fiber to fill you up. Try 1 cup cooked oatmeal, add peaches and some coconut oil butter cream frosting and you have a healthy snack instead of a cupcake or ice cream.
- Cashews and dates are amazing! Cashews have a lovely buttery feel and the dates are naturally sweet. Sure to please when making pie crusts, granola bars, or topping off oatmeal.
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO