Wednesday August 24, 2016
One of my favorite fruits ever! Since these little bites of joy are still in season (and still on sale), I came up with this lovely salad that can be devoured as a snack or dessert. The best part? It's guilt free and full of antioxidants, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and biotin (to keep your nails and toes pretty all summer long).
The splurge ingredient is coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is lower in the glycemic index and has a nice rich flavor. Reminds me of brown sugar or molasses. Give it a try!
- 2 lbs strawberries quartered
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- two 6oz packages of blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (you can use other sweeteners, but I encourage trying coconut sugar)
- 2 tbs fresh mint  pivot chop
- Wash produce and trim tops of the strawberries
- Slice strawberries
- Chop mint using the pivot chop method
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl careful not to bruise the fruit
- Chill for 15min
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO
PS Feel free to comment with any Jazzy additions to this recipe. You never know, I may feature your ideas in an upcoming video.