Sweet potato hummus
Wednesday May 2, 2018
Back by popular demand! Another hummus recipe. This one is special add a little on the sweet side. Was a big hit at the family dinner last week so I wanted to share.
The splurge ingredient is the smoked paprika. It really enhances the cumin and sweet potatoes . I hope you like it
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked (baked, boiled doesn't matter)
- 1 can garbanzo (chickpeas) beans
- 2 tbs sesame oil (this is a must!)
- 1-2 tps cumin seeds toasted
- 1/4 tps salt
- 1/4 tps pepper
- sweet smoked paprika or cinnamon to garnish
- In a heated pan, add the cumin seeds until fragrant (the oils have been released and the flavor will really pop)
- Put all the ingredients except for the garnish in a food processor until smooth.
- You may need to add more sesame oil depending.
Stay Fit! Stay Jazzy! XOXO
PS Feel free to comment with any Jazzy additions to this recipe. You never know, I may feature your ideas in an upcoming video.