Wednesday February 21, 2018
Let's learn a new culinary skill today. Poaching!!! No not the illegal kind. The awesome healthy cooking kind!
Poaching is a healthy way to pack flavor onto a protein without frying or breading.
The splurge ingredient is the salmon. Look to a fillet that has thick white lines. That is the good fat and will keep the fillet from getting dried out during th cooking process.
- 4oz wild caught salmon raw
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 2 inches of water in a pan
- 1 tps red chili flakes
- Place all ingredients (except the salmon) in a shallow pan on medium
- Once the water starts to steam and bubble place the salmon in the pan constantly spooning the hot water over the top ps the salmon The salmon shouldn't be turned over for any reason.
- When the salmon turns opaq and flaky remove the salmon from the pan and enjoy!